Periodic non-uniform days will be allowed during the school year. Students may receive free dress passes for their birthdays or for a special reward. Students may be out of uniform (in free dress) on these days, but should be dressed appropriately for school. Non-uniform attire should conform to standards of good taste, and be appropriate for a school environment. The following must be adhered to:
- Non-uniform clothes should cover the body as much as the school uniform covers the body.
- Makeup is unacceptable and only clear nail polish is allowed.
- Jewelry must be discreet and in accordance with the school uniform criteria outlined above.
- Shirts should be in good taste.
- Clothing that advertises, promotes or glamorizes drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, weapons, or displays foul or sexually suggestive language or symbols are not permitted.
- No tank tops, or sleeveless team jerseys may be worn.
- No cropped tops or cropped sweatshirts.
- Undergarments must not be visible at any time, including field trips. No bathing suit “bra tops” worn on top of other clothing.
- Students may not wear clothing that is representative or perceived to be of gang affiliation.
- Proper fitting jeans and shorts may be worn, no tears, rips or ragged hems.
- “Yoga pants” or other similar stretch/spandex pants may be worn if shirts completely cover the student’s backside.
- For safety reasons, flip-flops, slippers, sandals, platform shoes, and high-heeled shoes or boots (higher than 1 1⁄2”) may not be worn.
- Slip on van type shoes are acceptable for non-uniform days ONLY.