Physical Education (PE)
Physical activity is critical to the development and maintenance of good health. The goal of the St. Charles School physical education program is to develop physically educated individuals who have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of healthful physical activity.
Students engage in fun and wholesome activities that emphasize
- regular physical activity
- development of motor skills, movement patterns, movement concepts, principles, game skills, strategies, and tactics
- health-enhancing levels of physical fitness
- responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physically active settings
- physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
PE is taught in Kindergarten through Grade 8; classes meet twice weekly.