Welcome to the Edge!
Parents are a very important part of our program. We need you!
Click here to go to "sign-up genius" to sign-up to:
- bring snacks and/or staying to prepare/serve/clean up snacks
- come to an Edge night to offer your presence and support to the teen leaders
THANK-YOU, parents, for your support!
Before You Volunteer:
Parents who volunteer at the Edge need to take an online safety course and authorize a background check. (This is a convenient and important service offered by the Archdiocese to help keep our children safe. )
1. Please open an adult volunteer account at: www.shieldthevulnerable.org.
2. Select "San Francisco Archdiocese" and "St. Charles Parish" (be careful not to choose St. Charles Borromeo Church in SF).
3. Create a login ID and password.
4. You will be asked to select a position. Please select "Chaperone."
5. Complete the required course 706 "Protect Children."
6. Authorize a background check.
7. Notify Tami (email@example.com) that you have completed this process.
To RENEW your volunteer eligibility:
1. Please go to www.shieldthevulnerable.org.
2. Go to the "already signed up login" which is a yellow circle.
3. Continue to the adult login and enter your login ID and password.
4. Select "My Courses" in the yellow tool bar at the top.
5. Re-open course 706 "Protect Children (CA-San Francisco)"
6. Click "RESTART" (highted in green) IMPORTANT: If you click "review" you will not get credit for the course nor get a new certificate and will not be considered compliant.
(Please allow 1 to 1 1/2 hours to complete the course.)
THANK-YOU for helping to keep our children safe!