Confirmation @ St. Charles
- Offer a flexibile schedule for today's increasingly busy teens.
- Encouage teens to strengthen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Invite all teens to be actively involved in parish life at St. Charles.
- Provide a meaningful Confirmation experience.
- Emphasize Confirmation as strengthening for ongoing discipleship/ministry.
Requirements for entrance to the Confirmation Program
- Catholic Baptism (or Profession of Faith), First Reconciliation, and First Communion
- Meet age guidelines for Confirmation:
Confirmation Level One: Grades 9-11 (varies by individual)
Confirmation Level Two: Grades 10-12 (varies by individual)
- Orientation Meeting (Parents and Candidates together)
- Demonstration of the "3 Ms"
- Mass (Regular attendance)
- Meaning (Participate in 2 mandatory mini-retreats)
- Ministry (20 hours of service/ministry - at least 10 hrs. connected with St. Charles.)
- Teen Candidates for Confirmation and Parent)s) meet with Coordinator for a "Moving-Up Meeting" where we discuss the experience of the first level of Confirmation prep and what to expect in the next level.
- Participate in Confirmation Classes (two include parents, one includes sponsors)
- Work with your sponsor (three activities you do on your own time)
- Participate in the one-day retreat (in January)
- Sacrament of Reconciliation during Advent
- Confirmation happens in late January/early February